View Single Post
Old 12-14-17, 10:29 PM   #6
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie-one View Post
Hello. I think he must use te 4GB patch before he can use your mod.?
correct me if I wrong.

All the best, Dutchie-one
Yes; I also recommend the 4GB patch; I have heard of positive results with the MFM once people use it.

I can't stress enough, though, installing onto a clean SH3 install (except for your favorite supermod). No old careers, no little files left over in the same directory from your last install - nothing. Keep in mind that mods unrelated to the game's merchant ships will increase the total stress on the game's architecture....thus, I recommend waiting until the MFM is stable before installing other mods of any sort.

Even a clean install is no guarantee unfortunately; I got crashes with the MFM and the second to last version of WAC that I never resolved.

I am a little surprised you have problems with GWX 3.0; it has worked well on my install with the MFM as long as I install from scratch. I have not yet tested the MFM with WAC 5.0.

Sometimes I can get away with this order of installs; other times I get crashes:

1) Install SH3 clean

2) Install MFM

3) Install Favorite Supermod.

I'm racking my brain, & I will let you know if I think of any other possible problems. Let me know how things are going.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote