View Single Post
Old 01-12-14, 04:58 AM   #2982
DaceDave
Watch

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
are you sure she didn't move to Australia .
I'm sure! She's just a thousand miles south of me and even if she were in Australia, it wouldn't be far enough... so now I have both of you... LOL

So here is a quick review of OH II and Sober's MOD list.

Jaw dropping beautiful! Soooo much more amazing than my old SH 5 MODS.

Had two CTD's... one when I swung the view around wildly and one when I tried to use the UZO. I was still in the bay, heading out to sea both times. I have not tried to use the UZO since and I'm much calmer while trying to see all there is to see.

I read that there was an issue with the UZO at some point, but thought I also read it was fixed.

I've just been given the go-head to start sinking Polish shipping and I'm on the hunt... well, tomorrow I'll be on the hunt.

And since you love additional suggestions... just for immersion sake... since it can take up to a half hour for the Navigator to take a fix... how about someone who knows their way around the animation files... put together a little animation of the navigator and maybe a swaby at his side, who appear up on the cigarette deck with a sextant... maybe he looks at the sextant, talks to the swaby who has the celestial charts, takes a fix, confers with the swaby for a while before disappearing down the hatch (or just disappearing) to calculate the boat's position. The script would be triggered by the 'take a fix' command or the real nav auto programmed fixes. Just a thought... for somebody who just can't stop creating new MODS.

Thanks everybody for a fun day... all 17 hours of it in front of this computer.