View Single Post
Old 08-25-10, 08:39 AM   #44
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

There are a few other Ryuun Maru sisters in ONI 208J.

We're in the "might as well use them" camp as well, the problem is that most merchant encounters are random "type=102 units. This means that if there are 10 type 102s in the game, 10% will be War Melody types. This is one reason for adding clones. We will NOT be cloning ships that we don't want to show up as often.

So if we double the number of classes, then we ~half the chance of seeing stuff that doesn't belong as much.

Paula is worse, because there were only the 3 tankers, so she'd show up 25% of the time. My plan is to clone the others so she appears less.

My Wartime Standard Type 2D will NOT be ready for this mod, but I will probably put in the BftB "Road Schooner" as a fill in (I will later simply replace the model and skins, so it will be a seamless transition). One possible thing I might do is to change all the "tankers" to "engines aft," and put my Standard Type ships in there (the ones that are engines aft). The names will look the same as they do now (defined in Names.cfg for each ship), but it will dilute the random tanker pool. Since the Wartime Std ships don't show til later in the war, I think this should be OK. I will need to check the top speeds vs RSRDC tanker convoys that employ random tankers. to make sure this won't break anything. If it is a problem, I will do something else.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote