View Single Post
Old 05-13-13, 11:13 PM   #37
B_O_L_T
Seaman

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 0

All the negativity and ignorance on f2p is a sad indictment of this community; it is the largest growing sector of the gaming market along with the increase in games for portable devices.

I too have been here since the start, my first exposure to computer gaming was playing tic tac toe using punched cards on the mainframe at my father’s workplace. My first personal computer, the zx80 kit I purchased and built back in 1980, and my first naval game, Gato on the Apple. However, it would seem unlike a large proportion of this community, I have also actively played a number of free to play titles and invested money in those I found interesting, and realise the value and exposure these sorts of titles bring to the table.

As I said in another thread, every sub simmer should be hoping SHO does well; without games like SHO increasing exposure of the genre to new generations of gamers, no developer will be willing to invest time or money into more serious titles. For good and bad, UBI has been the only developer willing to invest and take a risk on the genre for a very long time. Without continued interest, the efforts of communities like subsim will be for naught, and the genre could well disappear altogether.

Even if you have no interest in SHO at all; if you have any interest in the continued presence of sub sims in the market the last thing you should be doing is posting negative comments about the game. As they used to say, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all; and it happens to be sound advice.
B_O_L_T is offline   Reply With Quote