View Single Post
Old 08-01-06, 09:12 AM   #8
SubSerpent
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Most, if not all, are digital live-recordings. They are carried over from SB1 for the most. Some sounds are stereo, working as a directional clue (f.e.when switching off you engine and standing in the turret, you can hear other tanks in your vicinity, and determine their direction), others are not (f.e. generally, fire from the main guns of tanks close by, battle ambient sounds). But it took me some time to realize the latter. Sound theatre is consdered by people to be very immersiove and well-done. However, the sound guru already works on replacing the sound system all together, and switch it all to fully 3D sound. But - and that keep in mind - there is no timetable for the release of this, and it also is no priority, compared to other things. It could be quite a long wait before they do it.

Some single weapon effects can be replaced with modded sounds. However, I only replaced the coaxial sound, the other replacements that are available did not convince me. But no need to worry about these things as long as you haven't gone beyond the basics of the sim. It will keep you hidden from your social life for some time to come.

All in all it is fair to say that the sim is LOUD, immersive, and that the sound environement probably will be massively improved in an unknown future.

Well, what I really want to know is this sim going to be "upgraded" as time goes on to be more or less SB2 which isn't slated to come out until 07 or 08? More or less is this a "beta" version of SB2 that will end up becoming SB2 down the road and box under that new name?