View Single Post
Old 09-29-14, 03:01 PM   #47
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214
Uploads: 0

Hi Ahnenerbe:

I solved the save game problem but I have CTDs in campaign. I use GWX with Hsie patch, SH3 Commander with GWX patch and the hsie patch for Commander; the USAM (WB) ships merged with GWX Merged campaign, and MFM full version. The rest of the mods are graphics and cosmetics. With hsie I use 4 Gb patch.

For example:

I had a CTD transiting Kiel canal.

I had a CTD in open seas with nothing in sight.

I had CTDs in St. Nazaire (with Aces version and GWX simple version).

I had a CTD when changing from bridge to map view (F5 key).

I had a CTD when adding waypoints in the map.

Also the integrated orders - I suppose the orders are disponible with the GUI fix - donīt work in mi installation (I can live with that, but this is a problem with the GUI fix, I think).

I think it could be a memory problem (a lot of stuff loaded), but I can run SH5 modded and I think if SH5 run, SH3 must run with this resolution.

I changed also the 20K enviro MEP 4.3 (heavy mod) and now I have the 8 k GWX default sea (light mod) but the CTDs are persistent.

I re ran the game without your GUI, returning to MaGUI 3.4 Widescreen 1360x768, and all work fine. When I use your GUI, many crashes. I donīt think is the GUI, but the new resolution or the dll; I donīt know if the game engine can manage that high resolution. Only an opinion.

I would to share the testing of the mod with other users, but - or the users donīt like the new GUI or they donīt have problems. No tests shared in this thread.

I really like the GUI, and I want to use it without problems (or the usual problems of SH3).

Note my installation with your GUI loads the German U boats collection with the GWX Fix all subs, and of course with the GWX default boats. The game loads well, no CTD in loading, but the game crashes in any situation, ramdomly.

No problems loading the Museum.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote