View Single Post
Old 08-03-07, 06:27 PM   #29
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moselgott
Noone? Iīm really desperate because I donīt manage to achieve anything...
Unfortunately, I don't have much idea how this thing minsc did really works. We'll probably have to wait till he gets back from his trip, or gets another chance to get online from where he is now.

However, I did the same thing you did and I noticed that while it opens up the one window that repeats the commands you say, it doesn't open up the other window that opens up when I use the sh4speech.bat file - it's that second window that appears to output the key commands that are spawned by your spoken commands, and without those key commands getting output, you're not going to see any effect in the game of speaking the commands.

I noticed that when I first tried this I was getting the same "fleeting window" issue you describe - the window closes too fast to be able to tell what error message you're getting so it's hard to track down the problem. One thing you should try - run the sh4speech.bat file from a DOS command prompt box instead of from a shortcut in Windows - that way, since the DOS/command prompt window stays open, you should be able to read what error message you get when sh4speech.bat fails - depending on what that error message is, we might be able to figure out how to fix it (if it's the same message I was getting, as outlined in some of the posts above) or at least minsc might be able to give you a solution when he sees it.

Good luck!