View Single Post
Old 07-31-07, 12:22 AM   #19
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Just did some more testing (just in test mode) to check the key change for firing - looks like it's going to work great.
This is going to be very cool - I really like being able to have multiple voice comands assigned to the same key/action, especially for things like diving (I've added "Clear the bridge" and "Lookouts below") and firing each tube. I know you still have to work a bit on the tube selection aspect, but I went ahead and set it up so "Fire one", Fire two", Fire three", etc. up to "Fire ten" all work, so I can now order the crew to fire the correct tube (assuming I've selected the right tube before I say it )

I hope there's a way to map a key/combo to open a specific tube door or doors - I'd love to be able to say "make ready all bow tubes", or "open outer doors on tubes 1 and 2" and have it actually work. I never really played using the keyboard much unless I had to (tried to use the mouse on everything possible) - with this though I'm going to have to rethink that, and check into all the possibilities of assigning keys to things I never would have messed with before.

Is there a list somewhere of every action that folks have figured out can be mapped to keys? That would be really handy for working with this speech thing (for example, can you map the weather report function to a key, or just to a button on the orders bar? - it would be great to be able to ask your watch officer for a weather report by voice command).

Last edited by panthercules; 07-31-07 at 12:46 AM.
panthercules is offline   Reply With Quote