View Single Post
Old 09-29-15, 01:32 AM   #13
ratatoeskr76
Watch

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0
Default Hi Ukönig

I respect and understand your feelings, since my family was driven out of their home in 1945 and from the stories my grandmother told me I can imagine how bitter it must be to have to leave your home.

But speeking of Soviet Russia I have to add the following: The western allies knew, that the Soviet leaders were a bunch of murderers. They knew of the war the bolsheviks waged against their own people (before WW2 started) in the 1930s which resulted in millions dead Russians. The bolsheviks killed their own people with pistols, gulags and hunger.

But this didn't mattered to the US government then, Roosevelt saw Stalin as good old uncle Joe.

You can read this for instance in Victor Kravchencos book "I chose freedom" (1946) or in Orlando Figes, A People's Tragedy. After defecting to the USA, Kravchenco didnt understand why the US were not interested in the suffering of the Russians. In Figes book you can read that the USA exported corn to the USSR in the 1930s to help the starving Russians but eventually found out that Soviet government was exporting their own corn in the same time to buy weapons.

The western allies knew that they were teaming up with murdererers.

All you always wanted to know about SH3 and never dared to ask:
The Silent Hunter III Guide - by BL!TZKR!EG
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=212323
ratatoeskr76 is offline   Reply With Quote