View Single Post
Old 06-28-09, 09:23 PM   #3
Stormende
Soundman

Downloads: 716
Uploads: 1
Default Hmmm

It's always cheaper to build your own rig.

The processor sounds fine, my rig has an X2 4000+ with nvidia 8800GT SC and it can keep up with SH4+Uboat Missions and Sturmovik 1946 so that quad core can help you for quite a while.

The BFG card is a good choice, they build pretty good and reliable cards.

I am not sold with the mobo, tho. I've always preferred Asus because they have an awesome support (updated bios and drivers), an excellent layout design and can overclock pretty nicely, but I guess that is a matter of taste.

The memory is OK, I also have 4GB even if Vista and XP 32 only uses 3GB so the extra 1GB I use it with eBoostr so it is not wasted.

HD checks fine.

The screen is not really enticing, what is the max resolution of it?
I will go with Sony but again that is a matter of taste.

I think your rig will be able to handle games for 5 years or so, maybe minor updates can extend the life span another couple of years.

If the mobo is a decent one, you should not have any conflicts with the on board ATI card, just disable it from the BIOS and that will do it.

I run SH4+Uboat Missions & Sturmovik 1946 at high detail 16x AF + 16Qx AA and the frame rate is high with no lag or whatsoever so I bet your rig will be able to pull a higher frame rate.

Hell yeah, newegg rocks. Get your stuff there and before you pick an item compare them and read the reviews, they are quite helpful.

Stormende is offline   Reply With Quote