Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 03-16-17, 09:38 AM   #4255
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

One of the things I did some time ago was to incorporate the German Radar digital readout for the U.S. Radar screen. It gives you an accurate readout, down to the meter. The Radar screen that I put into FOTRS Ultimate is going to give you a fairly accurate reading......you just have to make it yourself, and it's relying on you figuring out the approximate range.

There are two problems with both.

The German radar digital readout is only in Meters, it doesn't translate into Imperial units of measurement....no matter which unit of measurement you choose. The developers screwed up the coded hard files by not giving the readout both types of measurement. Since that's a hard coded thing....it is what it is.

The other problem is there is no way of "Sending" a found radar range to the TDC. The Sonar station has such a "command", but not the Radar. Since that's a hard coded thing too.....it is what it is. With OTC I put a "Range Dial" in-game to add a radar manual found range to the TDC, but, that's another story.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote