View Single Post
Old 07-08-15, 08:36 PM   #63
tmccarthy
Admiral

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessner View Post
I would be wondering about the status that lead to all this, but considering it is Silent Hunter build, got me to thinking how would I do it.. Got me Looking at the pics, wondering what would I improve..
The first idea a few years ago while playing SH3 was to make a Coroplast cubicle connected with Velcro to place around my computer desk. It was to be non permanent and could be set up or taken down as necessary.

From there it evolved into a full simulator pretty much one idea at a time and was not completely planned out from the beginning.

I recommend:

-not using plastic sheets-Coroplast. Sheets of light wood would be better

-make a design from the bottom up. Use some non permanent 1 inch tape and "blue print" the side and front of your design against a wall to get the simulator sizes and distances right to what you want.(I thought of this idea too late!)

-plan on plenty of ventilation. At least two fans going in and one out at the top.

-go to Electrical Surplus Supply & Arm-Navy Surplus Supply stores when designing for ideas.

-consider the standing control room/ conning tower. I think that would be better and more realistic.

What ideas do you have?