View Single Post
Old 05-24-07, 02:24 PM   #1376
Notewire
Soundman

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Ok, A newbie question for hte Kpt, when he has a chance,

I have searched through the forums, this one and others, for info on what effect the Map Contacts check has on reality.

I play on no/low time compression - and with GWX, which I love. I do all manual plotting and targeting, and love that I have no magic marker GPS that shows me where the enemy is (ok, ok, easy on the realism snobbery).

But having been away for a while, I reloaded GWX 1.03 - and had that wonderful RDF loop spinning on my Type II in 1939 - which is GREAT!!! The question is - with Map contacts off - does the loop work? Will I ever see a contact box based on an RDF hit like I used ot with Map Contacts on? Or is that completely disabled.

Now, having read the thread, I know that RDF hits are about 5% of what they were in the stock game - but because I play on such a low time compression, I haven't ever seen one - and just wanted to make sure I have a fighting chance of getting a hit with my beautiful new spinning RDF loop?

If anybody has an answer, please let me know - and thanks in advance for any help.

Tchuss,
Notewire.
Notewire is offline   Reply With Quote