View Single Post
Old 08-28-08, 06:52 PM   #18
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER
in the data/ land folder you will find the coastal guns, i cant remember which one but the sim or zon file will have the range for the gun. it wont fire if target is out of range. i dont think anyone has ever checked to see if the guns were set at the correct ranges so i suggest you have a look, you may have a mod fix there.
One of the probelms is the AA platforms. In the Land folder and in the Mission Editor they list four guns and you select from a dropdown list. But of the four guns listed only one actually exists in gunsradar.dat, the 2pdrQuadruple and it doesn't work worth a hoot. The other guns don't even exist and when you use them and place a platform it is empty.
I tried putting in some other 'similar' style guns (AA) and they didn't work. Didn't even appear and one crashed the game.

Thank you for the info on the range setting. I was thinking it might be in sensor settings, but I think it makes more sense to check the range first..

Peabody

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote