View Single Post
Old 03-28-18, 10:52 AM   #15
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
That Red Book quote with the two latest ticks is quite interesting, I may have to test that at some point. The towed array can have decent bearing error that produces a sloppy looking dot stack in the TMA, I can't imagine that the red book scenario would be true for that. Does anyone know if the towed array bearing error is a stock game thing or if RA added it? Regardless of whether the Red Book thing is correct or not, two points always make a straight line so I'm always skeptical of those kind of situations
I guess it would depend on the amount of error.

More speed across the line of sight "generating a wider bearing fan" might mitigate this error for purposes of the above "last" 2 or 3 tick mark setups. Might be interesting to test it out against the game "truth" display to see how much error is present.

In regards to testing above, I've been trying to test the 2-3 tick method in a modified one on one scenario between 2 688i class subs, but trying to get a dual array contact on a 688i before it gets a shot off and necessitating evasion is extremely difficult. I had already tried a one on one 688i vs Akula, but the Akula missiles were a distraction then. Might have to change the test to 688i vs Victor I for dual array tracking purposes or go against a noisy surface ship to eliminate the "evasion distraction".

Quote:
To throw in my $0.02 to the original question, I like doing manual TMA as a "time killer" and it kind of makes the game like a puzzle game. Auto TMA is good for very busy areas or evading torpedoes.
Agree.
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote