View Single Post
Old 06-08-07, 08:50 PM   #714
JALU3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
OK . . . third times the charm? Not quiet

So I reload the game . . . track the same task force . . . and instead steam further down its course so I can get it closer to dusk . . . and steam fast enough so I am right in her travel paths . . . so I set all six forward torpedoes to 27.5 degress (just in case the rough seas make them go deep) . . . dive to 200 feet, and wait for the DD screen to pass . . . they pass . . . without event . . . and I come to Periscope depth . . . and there the lead ship is . . . the Yamato . . . 1400yds infront of me . . . I reset the torps to fast setting . . . and target the Yamato and the Ise behind her . . . let four fish fly at the Y and 2 at the Ise . . . three hit the Y + 1 dud . . . and two hit the Ise . . . I dive deep and head below the remaining passing task force . . . the DDs loose me . . . and I wait two hours (time compressed) to unleash my remaining aft torpedoes (4 in total) . . . still silent running . . . And a Kuma has staid behind while the rest of the TF has sailed off. So I figure . .. why not . . . so I send 2 to the Kuma . . . 1 at 30 to the Y . . . and 1 at 30 at the Ise . . . The Y is dead in the water as in is the Ise (plus a 15 degree Starboard list) . . . all hit . . . and I turn it around and await an hour . . . but low and behold one more torp left . . . I had sunk 5 ships previously in that patrol . . . and apparently ran out without realizing . . . so I use that last one on the Y at 32 feet depth . . . hit . . . nothing, she remains afloat . . . I spend the rest of the dusk expending all my deck gun ammo at the Ise with no effect . . . leaving with no sinkings to go on my record.

I am steaming for the nearest tender (at Guadalcanal) and steaming back hoping that they remain . . . doubt it . . . but I will finish my story later, and will tell you al what happens. Pray for me that they remain there dead in the water, once I get new fish. It's a 3100 mile turn around, but here's hoping.
sense of right and wrong."
-Sloan, Section Thirty-One
JALU3 is offline   Reply With Quote