View Single Post
Old 02-04-15, 11:27 AM   #4
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Anyone have any ideas for a working game title, so I can start a GitHub project? So far I have "Silent Water Red" but I think it came to mind because I live near a town called Red Water.

4 water choices so far, no sky-boxes and the sub is just a placeholder with no buoyancy scripts on it or anything just to "look at"

1. Ocean4 (Free, comes with the Pro version of Unity, can be modified to your own needs, at the expense of time and effort)

2.Community Ocean Shader Modified (Free, very adjustable and easy to modify and the community is always adding new features)

3. Triton (Very Expensive)

4. My own modification of #1 or #2

5. My own complete written system

6. Somehow get the source for #3: Triton (its closed source 100% as far as I know but if im gonnalay down 500 bucks for a water system I should get the source, I could always use .net reflector to unpack the .dlls but im pretty sure that would be illegal to sell) and modify it to my needs.

Got a bit more done on the HPA manifold after answering business emails and before lunch (about 45 mins). Next up, some electrical lines and more valves and some covers and then the dive valve lever block.

I was talking to a guy on youtube and he said a sub sim based on the cold war would be very boring I agree. This game will be historically accurate in regards to equipment and dates and such but youll actually be at war with Russia and vise versa in the russian campaign and youll need to destroy Russian merchant shipping, warships and subs.

Do you guys really care about small updates or should I keep it to bigger overall ones. Cause these only take a couple minutes to post.

Edit: I FINALLY found some makes and models of some equipment on her! Thank god for flickr!

Edit2: Did 2 more hours work on the ballast/snorkel controls. I'm slowly teaching myself to model like a game modeller again ie: dont model every single nut and bolt to 100% accuracy just make it look half decent. Then progress will get faster. Soon it will look like the control room.

I found the emails of 126 crew members and im emailing them all today asking for any information they might have.

This post reserved for future updates.

Got bored of modelling and did some UI work: systems overview revesion 1 (This is essentially a canvas, thats what the system is called in Unity and then I overlay the buttons, toggles, sliders etc overtop of it)

Edit 3: If anyone knows about any of this equipment that sticks out at them feel free to let me know, I got lots of research to do. From my other posts:

The fuel supply was rated for 1 year but lasted 18 months (reported as 2 years), she had a jukebox, projector, coke machine, ice cream machine, automatic dishwasher, EM log "Sword" to get the ships speed, test depth of 700', typical 3000psi HPA system standard of late WWII boats, 24 knts submerged and 21-22 surfaced due to her old style bow, Kodak made a special periscope camera for her, 3 "Rev 0" alarms, some course indicator called "us navy BuShips; dead reckoning equipment no 750425; dead reckoning analyzer indicator class II; mark 3 mod 0 serial no <unreadable> contract no <unreadable> inspector <unreadable>; ARMA corporation; Brooklyn, N.Y.", C-1376/BPS antenna control the rest is unreadable except navy dept - BuShips western elctric company", AN/BPS-5A Radar <XXX> again all unreadable, C-3723(or 8)/BPS all unreadable, AM/SPA 48 something to do with the scope reads "before periscope maintenance insure the following switches are secured and red tagged 1. main power (radar dist pnl) 2. own ships head (IC/ACO swbd), 3. target bearing information (FC SWBD), 4. sync power (radar room fwd bulkhead)", fuses for: ships entertainment system (bet thatd be fun to pull during movie night!), ECM leak detector, AN/BPS-5A mast cont and h-something (hoist i think), salinity ind pnl, C.L.P.ILLUM, peris <unreadable> and <unreadable> solver , MAC stabilized platform and MAC indicator panel, TL dead reckoning and BRH-7<unreadable, sticker maker sticker>, mk 10X XX test resXrt, AN/WR<x> 57N7<unreadable> s0<unreadable>, Position Keeper Mk 1 mod 1, converter Mk4 mod 0, (wthe last 2 with their voltage readable), Firing Panel Off-on-Off, 24 VDC Off-PK, <unreadable> panel mark 21: mark xx mod 10 mark xx mod 0, mark xx, rel at indicator mk 10 mod 0, <lots and lots of unreadable>, intercom system from conn room: 1. torp room 2. CO stateroom 3. crews mess 4. unreadable 5. ships unreadable 6. wardroom 7. control room 8. attack something i dont think center, 9. radar room 10. radio room (9 and 10 may be reversed) 11. sonar room 12. unredable 13. unreadable maybe navigation 14. unreadable 15. something room. 16 unreadable, we have a OR-133(V)/URN Receiver-computer group supply 15v 400hz part of receiving set omgea an/brn 6 of receiving set omega an/srn-17, of navigation set omega an/arn-99(V) manufactured for navy dept naval electronics system command by contractor northrop corporation electronics divison, a nice plaque above the sonar indicator and handle that i havnt found a clear picture of that the museum has labeled sonar receivong set an/xxx-xx, a handle that says something MBT blow then indicates 3 positions something / neutral / air to stbd, a handle that says 10 LB blow 5A and 5B (10 lbs.... thats not alot of air) with positions open/shut, a label that says low pressure blower motor controller "Fast", AN/BLR-10A CONTR. AMP, SG-333, AN/BLA-2C, AN/<unreadable>, LS(5?)-474-v something planes something radio the last few things all beside the sonar unit, recorder-reproducer set recorder-reproducer sound RD246/UNQ-7B blah blah blah unreadable navy dept BuShips, below those tapes, SK-250 MAINTENENCE KIT (P/O AN/WLR-10(V)1) LOCATED INSIDE, by the drivers we got a ton of control panels i cant read, museum labels "general announcing panel" which is the AF AMPLIFIER TYPE TC-20, Got a nice pic of the Sperry gyrocompass control panel and below it the MK 21 auxillery compass, radio-room/ESM room doesnt have alot readable, got nice pics of the trim pump control switch, the trim tank manifold, the HPA manifold and diving/other levers (people say hydrualic controls but I think they are air) which im modelling currently, by the trim tank controls there is two switches one that has 2 positions slow and full and the other etst and no idea, the antenna mast hoist control manifold has 5 handles with positions hoist/neutral/lower labled VLF LOOP (very low frequency), BRA-9, BRA-19, ECM D/I, BRD-6. UHF IFF (ultra high frequency something something somehting) and I got a good picture of the mast position indicator with buships number and EB Div plan No., as well as radar mast lights, collision alarm: 9000-s6504-74055-rev 2 off/on, diving alarm: 9000-s6504-74055-rev 2 off/on, yellow colored alarm (battle stations?) 9000-s6504-74055-rev F off/on, emergency alarm off/on same serial number rev 2 looks like. the high pressure air manifolds youll all see soon enough when I have it done modelled, i got a photo of the xmas trees for the hull openings, vents, floods, valves and hatches, and snorkel ctrl pnl , wayyy too many lights to write, we ghot a mk 19 mod 31 gyro compass contro panel with the mark 24 mod 0 auxillary compass, and of course the AN/WQC-2 communicatinos set sonar with RT-67G/WDG-2 receiver-transimtiter sonar lots of buttons lights and stuff, another picture that has more fuses for the periscope illuminatinom, edm leak detector and a few others, general announcing control panel has at least 30/40 switches and some rotating switches the AF amplifier type IC/BGL-2S, the loudspeakers are dynamic type LS-305/S1C made by Jensen manufacturing co contract no. N126-090805, The nav center "radio direction finder set - an/brd-6b, a loran c receiver set - an/wpn-4 and a loran a receiver set - an/upn-2a, manual plot on the mk-19 plotter, the icecream machine was made by scottsman,

and lastly the scopes and sensors from aft to fwd in the mast
snorkel, IFF/UHF omi-directional antenna, VLF loop, BRD-6B detections and determines directino of enemy radio/radar transmissions, BRA-19 retractable antenna for transmission and receivning medium and high frequency radio signals ESM/DF electronic support measures detects and terminse directors of enemy radio/radar transmissions, BPS-5A general and tactical search radar for surface searrch, torpedo firing control, and detection of low flying aircraft, BRA-9 retractable antenna for transmitting and receiving medium and high frequency radio transmissions, type 2f perisscope any height attack scope for daytime use, type 8B scope can be used at niht includes internal radar radio and esm stub-antenna, at-441/MRC emergency whip antnna for med/high freq. radio signals navaid beacon light the ships bell and the ships signal whistle.

Last edited by nsomnia; 02-06-15 at 09:07 AM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote