Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHALO12 View Post
Hi mates,

work is continued:

@Urfish: Thanks for offering your help! First, somebody had to send us the crew models of SH5 as I do not own the game. If the models aren't too detailed for SH3 (we have to save ressources for aft and bow torpedo room!) we could start replacing stock animations. Second, you had to be quite familiar with a 3D modeling software. I use Blender, but 3ds max or maya should work as well. Did you work with one of the programs mentioned? In order to create human-looking animations, I think using bone animations is the best way (or at least the best way I know). Therefore we have to create a skeleton for the mesh and assign the vertices to the bones. This process is called rigging. Afterwards we had to create new animations for the stock crew by using key frame mesh animations. The next, and probably most difficult, step was to figure out how the eye and lip movements are controlled in SH3 and assign these kinds of animations to at least the first watch officer and the ingeneer.

I really appreciate you wanting to help me, but do you really think this would be worth the effort?

Edit: Ich habe gerade deinen Wohnort gesehen :-) Lass uns das Gespräch über deine Hilfe doch über juergen_wellisch@web.de (mit Unterstrich!) fortführen! Ich freue mich auf deine Mail! (I just saw your location :-) Let's continue the chat about your help via juergen_wellisch@web.de. Really looking forward to your mail!)

Best regards, MCAHLO12.
WOW, looks absolutly fantastic !!!

Looking forward to an release.....

Best regards,
Magic