Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo45 View Post
Hi,
Basically done the following
1. Copied and pasted steam from C/program files to C/Games
2. Uninstalled most games from steam as you suggested to reduce transfer time before doing above.
3. Went into steam (via desktop icon) and then....
4. Settings-downloads-New Library Folders-add library folder. I then went to C/Games/Steam and clicked select but it tells 'Selected drive already has a steam folder'
If I click on New Folder it says 'Choose Directory Name' but at this point I don't know what the next step would be....sorry!

Thanks for your continued patience in trying to help me in my fumbling efforts to do this!
Steve
1) Exit the Steam client application.
Browse to the Steam installation folder for the Steam installation you would like to move (C:\Program Files\Steam by default).
2) Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps & Userdata folders and Steam.exe
3) Cut and paste the whole Steam folder to the new location, for example: D:\Games\Steam\
4) Launch Steam and log into your account.
Steam will briefly updated then you will be logged into your account. For installed games, verify your game cache files and you will be ready to play.
IMPORTANT this step :
2) Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps & Userdata folders and Steam.exe
Maybe you not delete some file before

Last edited by hauangua; 01-25-19 at 02:53 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote