Old 12-10-11, 06:57 AM   #29
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringy View Post
@Skybird

Thanks for the info about the cpu hit if any. I have decided that I am going to give it a go and will be downloading the upgrade on Monday if all goes to plan. One of the things that impresses me with this sim is the sheer amount of detail they have managed to include without overloading my somewhat dated pc.

A word of caution, this is definetely a study sim as the manuals will testify. You will have to put the hours in to get the best results. I have a feeling I will be playing this game for several years, so in my opinion it is worth the outlay.
"Study sim" usually refers to the in-depth simulating of complex avionics and on-board systems, like in Falcon, Black Shark, and A-10, some cockpit modules for FS9 and FSX by PMDG and the like, with manuals several huindred pages thick to explain the radar modes and the programming of an FMC. All this is not the case with SBP. Granted, some tanks are modelled for greater complexity in button-pressing than others, but all in all the challenge lies not in how to handle the tank and taking aim with secondary sights (basic handling and aiming in principle is no big deal), but in managing the cooperation of a force, making best use of terrain, and tactical challenges. If anything is needed, than it is expoerience and training, especially when needing to use secondary sights that have no helpful stuff like laser and dynamic lead. But again, these sights are not so much to be studied, but one needs to train to gain experience in quick range and speed estimations.

Just to prevent a possible misleading impression.

Good decision of yours. If tanks are your thing, you can rest assured - you will play this for years to come indeed. All SB-tankers do.