View Single Post
Old 07-26-08, 05:02 AM   #12
Gigalocus
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishmael
I've run the XVIII for a couple of patrols. while not at 100% realism, I only use auto-fire control and no duds. Every other realism option for fuel, sensors, reapair and crew are all set to realistic.

By traveling at 1/3 speed surfaced, I was able to cruise to the south Australian coast, accomplish my mission and return to Singapore unharmed with some minimal fuel left. I would only go to standard, full or flank if stalking a contact. While the AA is deficient, the faster dive time along with the radar detection gives me plenty of time to ge to PD and stay undetected.

I really only use the Waterdrive to sprint below the layer or overhaul a target ahead. In both patrols, I returned with fuel left here as well.
I'm operating from Penang, and my missions are always off Africa or Aden/Iran.

I simply CANNOT get there, I've actually had to turn on Unlimited batteries just so I can get there! (Does having unlimited fuel give unlimited Walter turbine?)

Is there a Snorkel MOD?

The point is, I'm sure the XVIII has advantages, (Just noticed reload speed ... wow!) but the lack of fuel ... makes it pointless!

You can't I just have a XXI? Thats actually ueful and a whole lot different to the XI, from what I've seen, the XVIII is just a more 'wared' upversion of the IX, but completly lacks everything else needed. (IE its good at forward attack, but sucks at retreating, submerging, defence etc)
Gigalocus is offline   Reply With Quote