View Single Post
Old 04-03-18, 07:43 PM   #36
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Might that be something that can be resolved with medications ?
Possibly, but at this point they don't know for sure.

Quote:
As far as riding...
It's worse than that. Sometimes, just standing still, I fall over. No dizziness, no lightheadedness, no blackouts. I just start to fall and seem to be unable to catch myself. Usually I'm in a hallway, and I just lean against the wall for a second. Then again a couple of months ago I fell over in the bathroom and landed on the lip of the tub. Bruised some ribs, and they said I was lucky I didn't break them. Basically, riding is not a good idea. I do still ride my bicycle, but I absolutely always wear a helmet. I'm just getting old.

Quote:
Eichornchen told me I was crazy to start riding again and now that I think of it, he was probably right.
Nah. As long as you can do it, do it. There are people who'll tell you you're crazy to ride at any age. They don't know what they're missing. I once saw a documentary about roller coasters, hosted by none other than Neil Armstrong. The first man to set foot on the moon didn't even count that in his top three list of thrills. His top three thrills were, in order, flying a jet fighter, riding a good motorcycle, and riding a good roller coaster.