View Single Post
Old 04-03-18, 04:50 PM   #35
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
A very good point. A riding course is always a good thing. I started riding at 16, but was prevented by increasing circumstances. When I moved from Los Angeles to Salt Lake City I was more music minded than I had been before, so my first vehicle was a van. Then I got married, and by the time I had the money for a bike my wife didn't want me to ride. She also got me to quit playing music, but that's another story.

After the divorce I started riding again, but my kids were too little so I couldn't take them riding. Then I was broke. Then I was homeless. Now I'm settled again, the current micro-van is paid off, but I've begun suffering from balance problems that seem to be related to age. Riding looks like just a fond memory. Still, I'm glad someone here is enjoying himself. More power to you.

Sorry to hear of your health issues and difficulties. Might that be something that can be resolved with medications ? As far as riding, it doesn't have to be fast or a big bike or expensive. Further, if one just likes riding about the neighborhood at a slow pace, that's good too. It's really about just having fun and doing it safely. There was a feature on youtube where 2 guys had a budget of $ 1000 a piece and bought bikes, helmets and jackets just to illustrate it doesn't take much money to get started.

I spoke with shroeder a while back and he told me that there are a number of restrictions in Germany regarding the size bike you can have relative to one's experience. I think Neal rides a motorcycle as well if I remember right. I think a lot of our members ride motorcycles as well.

Eichornchen told me I was crazy to start riding again and now that I think of it, he was probably right.