View Single Post
Old 04-03-18, 02:59 PM   #33
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I never said it was. I was merely picking up on what you said and adding my observations according to my own experience. I didn't even look at the video. My point was simply that people talk about others being terrible drivers and don't always look at the whole picture.
It's all good Steve. I thought as much but wanted to clarify what I said. Actually, Nathaniel B made a good point with regards to motorcycles. I took a nationally rated motorcycle safety course when I decided I was going to ride a motorcycle more often. I grew up on them and was riding at 7. I wasn't sure the course had much to offer me.

I was so very wrong. I use everything that I was taught in the classroom and on the range in the safety course. I have further applied that to how I drive a car and although I think I was a good driver, I think I'm better now. I use the heightened sense of awareness from driving a motorcycle and apply that to when I'm driving my cars. I'm glad I approached the motorcycle safety course with an open mind. It also paid off with lower insurance premiums. I will be taking the advanced course at some point in the future when I have the time.

http://msf-usa.org

The programs are all similar regardless of what state you might be in but tuition and fees may vary.

* my courses were considerable more advanced than the video above. The courses I took were meant for the motorcycle driver who had been riding for a long time.