View Single Post
Old 04-06-11, 09:50 PM   #50
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

little update about the radar...

started a "Open Horizons" campaign and equipped the boat with the latest/advanced radar system aviable in March 43 (FuMo-65).

...by the way some icons while fitting are not showing for some equipments, same for some "a fist full emblems" emblems, did i something wrong by installing the fist optional mod and after that Stoi`s little cheat also using fist optional mod) ???

ok... so far, leaved port and after some days, medium fog crawled up the water and i decided to switch on that nice new turning radar antenna...

...12 hours later wind at 3m/s TC drops to 1, my radar warning receiver (FuG 26 Tunis) reports radar signals detected (via message box, no sound or voice or something, would be nice to have), so i decided to manualy check the radar screen. After watching it for 2 minutes i found 2 sometimes 3 medium sized spikes, indicating a contact range of about 8,5 km, bearing 300 deg of bow. After some maneuvering and turnings i also found that the indicated contact bearing is wrong, the scale writing on the turning wheel is mirrored, so in reality the contacts had a bearing of 60 deg. (old SH3 bug ?).

...used the free cam to investigate this spikes and found a hunter / killer group, not noticing that i used my radar for 10 minutes to detect them (maybe their equipment was to old for my high resolution radar ? (which i was able to fit in March 43).

another question, may it be that the radio man isnt reporting new radar contacts because of not beeing skilled using special abilitys ? (Radar direction finder ability (which should boost radar range for him or the sensor ?) is disabled using "No Magic Skills" mod. (required entrys in messageRA.cfg are present).

Last edited by Stormfly; 04-06-11 at 10:51 PM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote