View Single Post
Old 12-06-15, 07:54 PM   #353
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphos View Post
Old time SH1 and SH3 player about to dive into SH4 and SH5. I'm deciding between the GFO mod(s) and the TMO w/ TW mod. If I understand correctly, I can start with the GFO mods, and then deactivate them and start a new campaign with TWO later, if I'd like, but activating it.
True
Quote:
But I have a few questions. Here's my mod list:

Obviously, I won't activate TMO, but I don't know what order to activate the rest. Couldn't find anything about this.

Finally, when should I install these? I haven't even started SH4 up yet, I don't think. I have the Steam version with the addon pack, so I should be 1.5, right? Should/Can I start the game and do tutorials and then add the mods? Should I start a campaign and exit first?
You're lucky, I remember SH4 in the beginning not knowing what to do. I started up SH4 immediately and played Stock. Nowadays you can pick a megamod.

Generally it's activate the main mod first, then add the larger shipping, optic, and environment mods, then the smaller mods, and avoid conflicts like overwriting a significant file that the main mod (or any mod) needs.

Hope for a Readme that says what mods are compatible. Look at other players mod lists if they list them, read the forums.

Later try to learn the S3D Tool so you can merge two incompatible mods that you like into one mod tailor made for you where everything that you like works.

Fun. After trying out Stock for a few patrols, or just start the game to see if and how it works, activate Websters GFO first, then the smaller mods that are compatible with GFO.

Later on don't forget looking at mods like the environment mods, 'Optical Targeting Correction', RFB, ..... maybe 'Improved Ship Physics' or RSRD someday, and so on.

Some people put RSRD on everything but you don't need to, RSRD changes the game so completely it is its own megamod.

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote