View Single Post
Old 04-08-17, 03:15 PM   #7066
olddriedseaweed
Mate

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
I have allways enjoyed GWX, but the thing that allways bothered me is that (for me at least) its somehow unstable, with CTDs happening every now and then.

Recently this problem has gotten a lot worse, to the point where i can almost no longer play it.

Im currently in mid 1941, near the Gibraltar strait, and i receive a radio report of a convoy. I set course to intercept it, and the minute i get close to it, the game CTDs.

I dont have many mods, mainly Manos enviroment, HSIE patch, and MaGUI. Still i disable them one by one and try again, no luck. The game crashes predictably at the exact moment i approach the convoy.

So i delete everything, clean install of the game & GWX.
Load the save game and BAM! as soon as i approach that convoy, CTD.

Ok, maybe the save game is corrupted or something? i scrap that patrol, loaded the latest "In game after mission" save and start a new patrol.
Arround the same area as before (CG87) another report, convoy, but its not the same convoy as before, this one is going on a different direction.
Intercept course!
Can you guess what happened when i got near to it?
And same deal as before, no ammount of removing mods can fix it.
Its so consistent i can tell the EXACT time the game will CTD (00:03).

Its as if some convoy configurations are incorrect and cause the game to crash when the game spawns them in sight?

Remembering back, it seems that most my CTDs with GWX occur when convoys are nearby.

So my system is at fault maybe? video drivers, bad ram etc.?
Seems unlikely to me, since i also run another installation of SH3 in paralel, that one with NYGM-2017A, HSIE patches, MaGUI, MEPv6, and i have never had one single CTD. Not one. The game is flawless.

Its so frustrating, i really like GWX, but this constant crashing makes it just impossible for me to enjoy it.

Could it be an error in a convoy definition? maybe game is trying to load a ship that doesnt have textures for it or something?
It seems obvious to me that the problem happens when certain convoys are arround.
Any ideas of what i could do to fix this problem???

thanks
I myself have not experienced these issues with GWX. I did experience them with LSH and resolved them with a hardware upgrade. It looks as though your mods list has been cleared as compatible - so I'll ask what your computer build is:
CPU
Graphics chip and memory size
Main Memory
Hard drive
As we extend the mods of SH3, we have also extended the resources used.
so here is my suggestion:
In addition of wanting to know your computer build, I'd ask for two things -
Run the game as configured and enable ctrl + F8 and get your frame rate as you approach the convoy.
Run your NYGM to a convoy and check your frame rate
One last note: While it may be that your hardware is healthy enough to run the game as configured, could it be that you have components failing?

EDIT: I saw your PC spec in a post. How much memory on the GTX750ti? DDR3 or DDR5?
Hard drive is ???
Something else that MAY help: Give your computer an enema. I recommend Crap Cleaner and or Glary utilities, both of which can be had free. After that, if you have a mechanical hard drive defrag it. If you have an SSD, trim it.

Last edited by olddriedseaweed; 04-08-17 at 03:25 PM. Reason: overlooked information and corrected spelling
olddriedseaweed is offline   Reply With Quote