View Single Post
Old 03-25-07, 10:29 PM   #41
shivath
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Not much of a storyteller myself but I'll give it a try

So after my 3rd trip out I got offered a new sub. I accepted commanding my new home, the USS Drum. It was a upgrade to a Gato. My mission seemed to be stuck on repeat as for many others. I was to ship an agent somewhere north in China or close to China at least.

Before this trip I haven't really been getting much action. Just done my mission and maybe taken out some randoms in enemy harbors. Maybe taken out a few things on the way there and back.

This time I get to my destination as the other times. I toss the poor guy off the sub, and as always his little raft rubs against my sub which makes the sound of a battleship trying to get inside. I pull out as the sun set. Just before the sun is gone I get a report of a convoy pretty close. I rarely manage to get to these in time. I rush south to intercept. Slow down to 2/3 and go to periscope depth. I head straight towards them but make sure I approach my targets at least in an angle. I go through the convoy smoothly taking out 2 x Small, 1 x Medium and 1 Large freighter. I add a Mutsuki Destroyer to the list as I head for home.

...now what, another convoy is heading straight for me before the last destroyer hits the bottom of the ocean. It's perfect..just the way I'm heading to get back home. I know I won't have enough torpedos left for much but I can't just let this chance go without trying. I go straight in like the last time. I start going after the large freighters. This time I end up with 1 x Small, 1 Medium and 2 x Large freighters. The medium freighter was the last one and didn't go down so easily. Thought I'd finish it with my deck gun after the destroyers left. After they were some good distance I surfaced only to see they speed up and came right for me. I went down to periscope depth again. I was only 50 meters or so from the heavily damaged freighter at this time. Figured they would go away again...but oh was I wrong. They kept circling me throwing out depth charges all over the place, but seeing I was so close to their freighter they couldn't hit me. At this point I was out of torpedos and they wouldn't do anything else then that. I had to try to run for it...and I did...without going deeper. Of course they came after me but it didn't end the way any of us thought. Both of them died from running me over. I didn't get any damage... Apperantly the sub is razorsharp..maybe even coated with explosives because it makes things explode for no reason.

After that my crew finally got some rest and looking forward to getting home for some new shiny medals. USS Drum will soon be back on new adventures. Lets just hope I don't get the same d**n mission.
shivath is offline   Reply With Quote