View Single Post
Old 06-14-17, 08:20 AM   #65
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Harpoon View Post
You'll agree that's not a very good tactic, right?
Oh definitely, but that's pretty much the only thing one could do in that specific scenario, good tactic or not.

Quote:
I'm not defending this tactic just because I like the game. If I feel like something needs fixing, like for ex. insertion and land strike missions which are currently not only unrealistic but just straight up broken I won't try to defend them.
Yeah I hope they completely re-write these missions asap, I was mad like Hell first time I had to insert SEALs. I was looking forward to a very different mission, and later found myself in a ridiculous Michael Bay movie.

Quote:
It's just that after playing the game I found it harder to fight against enemy subs which are using active sonar to find me than those that are just "silently" strolling around. I have no problems getting in their baffles, and from there it's pretty much game over for them.
Hehe, you really go for their baffles? Why? Are you bored?
Because it isn't necessary at all.

I just send a fish or two down their bearing, activating them early, waiting for a very, very high chance to actually score a kill - unlike in a submarine simulation (FA, DW, ...) where this will most likely never be enough to score a kill as enemy subs actually evade torpedoes.
In CW, they just do some half-assed attempts from what I've gathered.

Quote:
Keep in mind that the encounter with enemy sub in CW starts at about 10-15km. So, my reasoning is, they picked you up while cruising at 10-25 knots, and now that you are within the reach of their torpedoes they start pinging.
Given that they happily use ASW missile-torpedoes it seems like a valid tactic.
I really got used to ambush any target if possible, and since recon is mostly pretty good, it is possible in 9/10 of my encounters, meaning I am at 5kts - and I doubt something gave away my presence in these situations.

Ultimately, by now I love to go against subs, because I know I'm in for some dirt-cheap kills.
And I wonder if that's how it should be.