View Single Post
Old 03-09-11, 03:23 PM   #38
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
That is mostly true. I'm sure you are aware of Hawk's Utilities that made the boats more realistic, changed the tonnage on all Maru's, edit your rank, Patrol Zone selector, New boat and hull number...
Yes, I used Hawk's Utilities, at least most of them.
Quote:
We desperately wanted the Gilbert's and other areas and I got a taste of a reverse engineered PZ discombobulator and actually saw the Sun & Moon in the PZ for every day along with a lot of code and colored blocks of code representing things. Kim was looking into making a 16th PZ then SH4 came out.

I think he could have done it. The Lat & Long are off several degrees in SH1 so he made a Lat/Long offset in a plotter tool.
I didn't try any plotter tool.
What I was refering to is the Lat/Lon being far off in the PZ's. By that I mean a degree being only 25 or 30 nm instead of the correct 60 or whatever. I made a table with the in-game values so I could calculate interceptions when needed. For some reason every PZ was different (but all were wrong); I could never figure out why. IIRC, the island of Borneo was only about half it's real-life size in the game! I always wanted to change that. Stuff like that just bugs me.
Quote:
Aside from Hawk's Utilities and Kim's TCT SH1 is hard coded and not moddable.
Too bad.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote