View Single Post
Old 03-09-11, 12:09 PM   #37
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
Yes, the TDC was good. I tried to start up a session with on my old computer, but the CD drive is not working.

The thing that bothered me about SHCE was the teleporting between areas and the way the patrol zones were goofed up. That, and the overabundence of shipping. I've read that the game was not "moddible". Does anyone know if that's true?
That is mostly true. I'm sure you are aware of Hawk's Utilities that made the boats more realistic, changed the tonnage on all Maru's, edit your rank, Patrol Zone selector, New boat and hull number...

Then Kim made his Torpedo Change Tool that did all of the above plus change the torpedo type and loadout.

We desperately wanted the Gilbert's and other areas and I got a taste of a reverse engineered PZ discombobulator and actually saw the Sun & Moon in the PZ for every day along with a lot of code and colored blocks of code representing things. Kim was looking into making a 16th PZ then SH4 came out.

I think he could have done it. The Lat & Long are off several degrees in SH1 so he made a Lat/Long offset in a plotter tool.

Aside from Hawk's Utilities and Kim's TCT SH1 is hard coded and not moddable.

I would ignore a percentage of contacts because of the over abundance of shipping. At least the shipping routes were reasonably accurate.

Happy Hunting!

Art
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote