View Single Post
Old 07-18-07, 10:04 AM   #36
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
I've had a play around with Orbiter in the past, but with only a pssing interest in a 'nuts and bolts' space simulator, it required a lot of me to just figure out getting the shuttle off the launch pad!

It is a great program, but as has been stated, it doesn't so much have a learning 'curve' as a cliff!

Chock
Yeah but I cursed Microsoft for many years because they didn't follw in the steps of their first Space Simulator. Now that was an awesome game and to be honest even quite difficult.
Orbiter is quite difficult, its true, but with the tons of tutorials lying around you can overcome most of the difficulties.
One thing the english community is lacking is a set of pdf tutorials that cover not only Orbiter but also most of its addons. NASSP or AMSO, or Mercury etc.
In this respect the french comunity was far ahead, they have a set of tutorials which is amazing in clarity and giudes you step by step in using the different addons.
Of couse every new version of orbiter, the addons implies that the documentation is updated to reflect the changes.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote