View Single Post
Old 11-10-10, 05:57 AM   #15
divingbluefrog
Medic

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1

Obviously I'm not as much skilled in animations as you are
but I can deal with basic ones.
There are three points that should light bips on our board.
- First, why put 15000 vt in a mesh if the model only use 4000 of them?
- Second and more disturbing : it seems that MeshAnimationData2 is not fully tied to the model. I made the following test : after having imported the animation in a .dat file and gotten the "classic" behavior, I kept the animation but changed the 3D model to something totally different, the pescarus mesh indeed. And the mesh got animated! It looked like nothing but nonetheless the mesh moved!
That leads me to think that MeshanimationData2 acts perhaps more like a filter for a mesh "prepared" to it.
- Third, MeshAnimationData is called inside a <notset> node but MeshAnimationData2 is called inside a MeshAnimation node. What is the true nature of the MeshAnimation controller?
A lot of questions, so few answers...But as said, we are just at the beginning of the process...

Ironically, animations aren't my main goal. At the end of August, I began a project that I had in mind for a long time. A pause in my current career was the opportunity to start. I didn't know I was opening the Pandora box. From one problem to another, I ended up Hex editing crew meshes...

I don't doubt that your TypeII will match the quality of the torpedo designed for it, so it's worth waiting...
divingbluefrog is offline   Reply With Quote