Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Hi!

I don't think this problem is related to the Sonar Autocrew:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWAMI Readme
XX-Specific Sensor Changes-XX

Sphere and Hull Arrays—The sensitivity of the Sphere and Hull arrays has been increased relative to the Towed Array (to be clear, the TA is still much more sensitive in terms of long range performance) to better simulate their reported real world specifications. Also, the stern facing baffle of the Sphere has been increased to 120 degrees for active and passive modes, including the FFG and all AI platforms. It is not uncommon for contacts to show up on the broadband sphere before they show up on the narrowband sphere, and loud contacts will also show up more clearly on the sphere array broadband than the towed array broadband once both arrays have detected the contact. Expect to use the Sphere and Hull arrays more now to track and identify surface traffic and build situational awareness utilizing DEMON and TMA, and reserve the TA for finding and tracking those quiet hostile submarines or distant warships on narrowband. NOTE: Known Issue. It will be possible to see and hear contacts on the Sphere array before you can assign a Broadband tracker to them. You can immediately assign a narrowband tracker to all contacts on the sphere with a narrowband signature, although it is intended that generally contacts will be detected on the sphere broadband first. The broadband tracker issue is not intended, although it is present in stock DW as well, and the mod does not make it any worse in game play terms.
In regards to the contact being marked off the bearing of the line, I see this occasionally with the Western Sonar systems; sometimes the tick mark is definately off of the bearing of the contact. I don't see how anything in the mod could make this issue worse, although I did increase the bearing error on the sonar, which could be making this occur more frequently in some circumstances. Although not expected behavior (eg. a "bug") it appears to be more of a cosmetic issue to me... which is especially convenient because don't think I can fix it.

Thanks for your feedback, I hope this response is satisfactory for you, let me know if there is anything else or if you are unconvinced, I'm never surprised now when a new issue comes up that needs to be fixed!

Cheers,
David