View Single Post
Old 05-24-17, 12:24 PM   #1
darronfearn224
Swabbie

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default Operation Weserübung - Failed

I had been on patrol after just completing British Supplies mission, i needed to reload on torpedoes & fuel so went to Heligoland. After my refit i went to plot a new destination when i noticed Operation Weserübung was now on the map, i looked at the date & it was 6:30am March 1st so i went straight back to Wilhemshaven to end my patrol.

I accepted the mission and was given a patrol marker to go to. When i started the mission 2 weeks had passed in dock even though my sub didn't need repairs, i now only had 3 weeks to complete the mission.

I patrolled my assigned area only finding an enemy sub on surface to sink which the game doesn't count, was given new area to patrol where i sunk 1 freighter & was then given a 3rd patrol area to go to. So i followed my orders and patrolled new area finding nothing. I now had only 8 days to complete the mission when a window popped up from Bdu saying " Cease all operations, return to base".

Believing i had done something wrong i returned to base where i was given a mission to recon Bergen Harbour. I start my patrol with the date now April 13th, 4 days after the mission end date. So with the date as it is Bergen was full of German ships & Operation Weserübung had come and gone with only 1 ship to sink i slowly dejectedly return back to base. All i have to do now is wait until June for Happy Times.

So is this mission scripted or just random? I have seen online videos of people completing this mission.

I have a couple of save games i can reload, 1- Feb 28th before mission start date & 2 - March 13th after i accept the mission on my way to first patrol area. But unsure of how the mission will progress.
darronfearn224 is offline   Reply With Quote