View Single Post
Old 07-07-07, 04:37 PM   #47
Bando
Commodore

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace11
Ok, in a few of my tests I have hit tankers with a fuel cargo...

The tanker does not blow up even after several hits, there are only small fires etc as the tanker starts to slowly sink. Once the tanker is completely flooded, and underwater, with maybe just the stern or bow showing but going down fast, the massive series of splinter explosions occurs, sometimes many of them...

Why is this? And can it be fixed so when we hit a fuel cargo we get a big explosion again as the torpedo ignites fuel / ammo...

As it is, we have the explosion after a 3 hour delay and when the ship is under-water - this is unrealistic and I've observed it several times now...

I expect the problem is the cargo fuel / ammo compartments I will take a look and do some testing...
In the zone.cfg file there are settings for crushing depths for each and every ships component. If a ship sinks with it's fuel bunkers intact, the crush depth for the fuel bunkers is set at 100 ft for example, that at that depth the fuel bunker is destroyed. It will blow up at that depth. I've observed with some ships that the blast was so huge it even consumed liferaft at the surface.
It adds a way of sinking. There are a lot of ways for ships to sink, as are in real life.

I think I'll stick to the Die Slowly mod, for the compartment job and the effects added.

Werner, thanks for your reply.

Reg
Bando