View Single Post
Old 10-24-16, 07:35 PM   #6149
Raven Morpheus
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 0

I know, adding stuff adds instabilities, it's just that I like all my important speech to be in English (I don't mind a German accent, in fact that's preferable) but I also like the Das Boot background speech and effects I've got in SH3 and Sh4. I note from the list of mods on the 1st page that the Das Boot music mod is used, but not anything else Das Boot, and looking at the files in TWoS there are files that are added that aren't in the vanilla speech files (there's a couple for the sonar guy - MC_RR_HIDRO_117.ogg in the "normal" folder for example). Wish I could shut the speech up altogether when using the Harbor Pilot scripts though, boy does it get annoying!

I'll create a ships journal and start again, I seem to have broken my campaign a little anyhow as when I got to Kiel I couldn't get a mission so I started a patrol anyway, then ended it immediately, knowing it would advance time and hopefully force the campaign to update properly. Problem was the next set of missions available contained Breaking The Fortress, however the due date on that mission was before the date when I started my next patrol so there was no use taking that mission (The date I requested the mission (i.e. when I'm in port) was Sept 27th, BTF ends on Oct 5th, I set to sea on my next patrol on Oct 21st!!).

There was one other thing, I note that the "identify target" option has been removed from the WO.

Is there a shortcut key for that, has it been moved somewhere I'm not seeing, or can I put it back in (is it an OFEV option?)? As a non-hardcore player I find that really helpful in confirming my manual identification.

Last edited by Raven Morpheus; 10-24-16 at 08:28 PM.
Raven Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote