View Single Post
Old 05-21-18, 01:15 PM   #9
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

After careful examination of the affected area. Read: "looking really close at the screen with a white background. And carefully running my finger over the screen."

I can find no actual "crack".

However, when looking "straight" at the screen (the "dot" is approx. 1/4 screen height below "eye level"), it only appears to be about 1 pixel in size, but seems to be originating the in the 'black lines' that run between pixels.
CRTs would refer to the space between pixels as "dot pitch", 0.22mm was average on a 17-19" monitor.

This is smaller than in was.

I've noticed when pressing too hard on an LCD/LED screen, that it will 'discolor', and usually have some variation of black or grey.

I did clean the screen a few day before this showed up, maybe I pressed a bit too hard...?
and the screen 'cover' is sticking to the 'display' part of the screen.?.?.?

More questions than answers at this point.

Regardless, it is back on my main PC, the Sanyo 40" was annoying.

Sometimes I wonder if the Vizio does some form of anti-aliasing.
When I still ran WinXP the AMD "Catalyst Control Center", under certain tabs, mentioned that setting an option on or off might not work if the "Monitor" was also doing that job as well.
May be there is more "going on in there" than just displaying.

That or the Sanyo, despite advertising as a 1080p, is actually only displaying at 720p?

At the same resolution, a smaller view-able area (39.5" vs. 42") SHOULD be clearer, not even more fuzzy.

Also tested on my Xbox 360. Read somewhere, that games for the 360 usually use 720p, then upscale to 1080p. The games were "fuzzy", and angles were less "crisp".
Like dropping from 2xAA, to none.

Just thought I would update this.

Still looking at 4k monitors, just not with as much urgency!

Barracuda

Last edited by BarracudaUAK; 08-02-18 at 11:34 PM. Reason: It annoys me when people type "to" when they mean "too" but I did it here!!! Twice!
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote