View Single Post
Old 05-18-18, 12:38 PM   #4
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Cannot help, sorry, although i use an Acer 24" monitor. But it is a simple thing, nothing spectacular. Works reliable since years.

One of the laptops in my family is Acer as well, also works reliably, both computer and display, but again, nothing special in their specs.

Its been years since I heard somebody complaining about pixel errors in a new monitor or display. The industry seems to have it quite under good control these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
Sorry I can not help either. I have used an Acer G247HL Monitor 24.0"vis for several years with no problems, I like it. I did look the Acer ET430K monitor up on Amazon. It had 13 reviews, and no rating under 4 stars for a total combined rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, for what that is worth.

Good to know that they have been reliable...

The Vizio TV I'm starting to have trouble with is from 2010, 7 1/2 years of use...

---

I read a few reviews on the Acer, on the web site of the store I was thinking of purchasing it from, and they are mixed.

Some complain of "image retention", that is, as the image changes it takes a second for the old image to fade.
The 40" Sanyo that I bougt as a monitor for the old pc, that I'm using right now, does that a bit with text as I scroll down the forum.

I saw a few reviews that mention dead pixels on the Acer when new.

I also saw many reviews that said they didn't have any trouble with them at all.

Which might boil down to a settings difference...
Except for the dead pixel part...

-------

With further digging I did run across a brand named "SCEPTRE".

Wal-mart's website listed it at ~$400 for a 65" (4k and "dumb").
Digging some more to see if any other stores carry them.
All the reviews seemed to agree, if the shipping doesn't damage it, it's a good TV.

I checked the Sceptre website and they have a 43" 4k that is the right size.
~42" viewable, but about 3" smaller overall than my Vizio, which would be perfect for my desk.

My desk has a built in shelf about 33" above the desktop.
(I couldn't find a desk I liked, so I built one!)

So while I wouldn't mind a 65", it really wouldn't fit!

So I'm still on the hunt, but thanks for the info!

Barracuda
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote