View Single Post
Old 05-24-19, 04:57 AM   #1987
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
It's so hard for a club like Newcastle to hold on to players when big teams come calling. Heads get turned eh?

But a player like Longstaff needs to see that he will get more playing time, and as a result improve faster staying on Tyneside. You see it too often, that a promising young player gets a 'dream move' to a big-six club then rides the pine or gets his time with the under-23s or reserves.

Remember Steve Sidwell? A good young player who went to Chelsea and hardly played. It's a particular problem for English players, as they are sometimes bought as much for their home-grown status as their ability. When you see Jonny Evans touted as being wanted by Man City you wonder if it's just to have a squad that conforms to the league rules. Don't you?

I see Ayoze is also in the sights of several bigger clubs. Newcastle must keep their best players and add to them. Losing these players will not help them move in to the top half of the table, or challenge for Europe, which is what I would guess is what Toon supporters would be happy with?

Anyone have a prediction for the CL final? I have skin in this game, but I am going with Liverpool 3-1. After last year's heartbreak and then this year's title race, a win in Madrid would be so nice.

But that of course means I am doomed.
The issue I have with the top clubs is the fact they often buy players not to olay them but rather to stop their rivals buying them.

As for the CL I'm also going for a Liverpool win but a much closer result of 2-1

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote