View Single Post
Old 07-06-10, 01:05 PM   #69
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

I was wondering if you would like to include the following Type-IXD2 Modifications in your MOD.
I made a MOD for Custom Tower Emblems, and HULL numbers on the Tower and Bow and adds Exhaust Smoke in the NSS_UBoat9d2.dat. The MOD allows the user to set any 3 digit hull number they happen to be assigned and you can apply and Tower Emblem you want to use simply by replacing texture images.
When the images are rendered, they are resized linear to 128 x128 but the actual images can be larger or smaller.
The Exhaust Smoke: Keldunk from RFB was the first example I saw using Exhaust Smoke, I did not cut and paste his work but credit for the Exhaust should go to him if you decide to use the MOD.
Sample images are included in the MOD and is available for download here at SubSim.com Type_IXD2_MODPAK_SH4v1.5

NOTE: The MODPAK also includes a script for creating the hull numbers. The filename is DO.BAT
The script must be executed in the Support folder so it can find the source images in the Support/Images folder. It will copy the images from the source folder to the data\textures\tnormal\tex for using the file names I specified in the materials of NSS_Uboat9d2.dat
USAGE:
i.e. DO.BAT NSS_Uboat9d2 8 7 4
Ensure the HULL numbers include spaces so they can be handled by the script correctly
P.S. Images are orientated correctly on both sides of the boat.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 07-06-10 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Added NOTE about included script
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote