View Single Post
Old 12-16-18, 10:37 AM   #65
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
As much as I enjoy what NdGT has to say. I wouldn't call the laws of physics an absolute truth, its IMO more like an evolving logical system of thought. I also believe NdGT said eye witness accounts of certain experiences are the least form of evidence. But no matter how you slice it and dice it is still evidence.
First, it would have been nice if you had used the man's full name just once, so everybody wouldn't have to look all over the place to find out what you're even talking about. Markus may not have a clue who Neil deGrasse Tyson is, let alone anything he may or may not have said.

Second, I have to ask what this line of argument has to do with the topic at hand.

Third, Tyson was far from the first person to say that. It's a common subject for discussion in law classes as well as philosophy.

Lastly, given what I think you've said, I have to disagree. Just because one person, or many, claim to have seen the same thing or had the same experience, it doesn't mean that experience is real. It is worth looking into, just on the chance that it is, but it's also wise to consider that a similar experience may stem from a similar reaction to an influence rather than an actual event. You say it's still evidence, but evidence of what?