View Single Post
Old 07-20-17, 01:39 PM   #58
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Dunno, if done wrong this could put the devs down a dangerous road of "feature creep" and reinventing the wheel.

That's partially why I'm sort of against automated navigation. Other games (primarily DW/SC and Silent Hunter) you had all sorts of screens and stations to go through if / when you let the AI "fly" the ship for you. CW obviously doesn't have that, and if anything, auto navigation is going to bring that up more and more (and leave people with less to do).

"I wish the TMA was better.." "I wish that I had broadband/narrowband simulation and a sonar station like DW." "I wish that the weapons had programmable waypoints..."

If the Devs start doing this, and replacing features/systems that are already in the game with better and "more sim-like" ones, its not going to make things like a Soviet campaign come out any faster. This is especially true if they try to maintain an "easy mode" alongside advanced sonar and TMA.

They have done a great job making this game, so far a great job supporting it too. I hope they continue to deal with identified issues (AI, a few of the bugs here and there) and hopefully press on towards wherever they want to take this game in the future.

What I do find most encouraging though is that in almost all instances, these desired improvements are just thoughts out loud on the part of users who are still probably going to play and enjoy the game regardless. "I really wish it had this feature." instead of "This game sucks and I'll never buy it because its ARCADE!!!!"