Old 11-04-07, 09:57 AM   #12
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Can the AI vehicles shoot them down ?

Too easily, yes. That'S becasue helicopters in all regards are dramatically simplified. They are not the focus of this sim. I find it strange that they are included at all.
I guess AA units are then superfluous anyway

Quote:
The possibility to carry troops in a vehicle is in the game already. It just need to be applied on the choppers, with some modifications maybe. Don't see a big problem here.

Tell them. Big problem is: time. Lots of stuff they have on the ready, but lack the time to implement it, becasue it also would mean to throughly test it in a multitude of different situation contexts.
I fugure that. But 2009 then maybe.

Quote:
btw, did the M1A2 made it into SBPE finally ?

No military customer asked for it so far, which makes me wondering, but they may have other demands for that sim than we civilian players do have.
Do the US use it too for their tankers ?

Quote:
I would like to see a better Abrams myself, too - preferred to a T72. SA in the Abrams is no competitor for the SA you have in any the Leopards, both one and two.
SA ?

Quote:
You mean the longer gun used in the experimental Leo2A6, and higher?
Yes. The canadiens introduce the Leo2A6m already with the new killer gun.

Quote:
The current 120mm already is devastating enough,
Didn't have this impression in SB1. Can hardly crack the T-72 and T-80 over larger distances from the front side. Even with an M1A1, had a hard time to kill T-80 from the front side over somedistance from the front side.

Quote:
btw, especially with the latest DM55 round.
How late is it actually ?

Quote:
It is almost unfair a round. the difference between american uranium and Germn tungsten round in terms of penetration capability by far is not as huge anymore as it once has been. The German roundas are the reference for non-uranium rounds anyway, and at short and medium ranges are as lethal as the american rounds. The American round only has an advantage of maintaining the assured penetration capacity over a slighty greater range, but we talk ranges probably in excess of 2500-3000m here. Both nations could deliver precise fire with their 120mm over 4000m. russian non-missile ammo is listed in the sim as having a maximum range of 3300m. Beyond that, they need to use their cannon-fired mini missiles, with ranges of up to 5000m. - Well, at least that is what the sim lists as technical data being used ingame. The difference between latest uranium and latest Tungsten ammunition it lists to be just 10 mm additional penetration capacity (being in the range beyond 800mm anyway). As i said, the uranium ammo is capable to remain penetrative over a slighty greater distance only.
Does the DM55 also have some incendiary qualities like the uranium round ?

Quote:
Hey do I see here that the new german IFV is in the game already ? What was its name again, Panther ?

No German IFV.
Ehh, did i said IFV ? I meant APC. That new german one. I think it was in that moving engagement movie.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote