View Single Post
Old 05-15-09, 03:22 AM   #189
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper View Post
Yep. Every attempt has thus far died almost as soon as they were begun.

I know SH4 is like the neglected step-child around here but there are many fans of the game, despite its flaws. A good Commander utility would do much to overcome those shortcomings. I'm a die-hard SH3 fan but having recently purchased SH4 has given me a greater appreciation for the plight of the fleet boat skippers.

Besides that, does anyone else here agree that someone working on such a utility besides Jaesen just feels wrong?

It wouldn't be quite the same without your masterful touch, good sir!

Ah, well. I respect your feelings in the matter, nonetheless, Jaesen.
Actually, the game may well be good now - I dunno. And you wanna know why?

Ubisoft offered me a free copy of the U-boat add-on when it first came out. Eventually--about six months later--they sent me a copy, with some childish "goodies" customs declaration. This ensured a speedy "return to sender" from DHL Sydney who like to know what they are delivering.

Despite UbiSoft's assurances that a new copy would be sent, none ever was.

I decided right then that I would not buy the add-on and I would certainly not be supporting, and in essence promoting, SH4 when they couldn't even get a package delivered right. In addition, their PR Community Manager, or whatever he's called, couldn't even be bothered to respond to ANY of my emails.

Thus you can blame Ubisoft's incompetence SQUARELY for me not taking any interest in SH4. Not that I've ever felt disadvantaged by my stance - I have SH3 with SH3Cmdr, so I'm very happy.

Anyway, thanks for your kind words GP, but I'll be the first to say that there are any one of at least three people here that could easily make an "SH4Cmdr" equivalent, if only they had time...which I'm guessing is the real reason for it never appearing; as developing something like SH3Cmdr, when you have a full time job and family, can be quite a challenge.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote