View Single Post
Old 04-07-08, 06:41 AM   #37
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Why is it a nasty habit to announce a mod in the making? Makes for good conversation and generally helps the creater if he gets stuck.
Depends on what you mean. Whether the point is to announce an idea, ask questions, gather ideas / support / or if the point is to discuss something that will never exist. I am annoyed by the half finished jobs, especially because these are the ones that create the most noise. If you're happy with seeing the same things repeat over and over again, that's your problem. I am not, and I am prepared to piss off some ppl because of that.

My comments are not directed on SHIV modders , but on modders in general. Since the exciting start in the 90s, it has now become much more difficult to get enjoyment out of mods, which mostly results from the fact that modders refuse to organize their work somewhat professionally (professionally as the GWX team did - hence the satisfaction with GWX).

If not someone finds a way to give it direction, modding will turn into a gigantic waste of time - for the users and the creators - look at other games like the TW series to see what I mean. Mods, mods, mods. Each does something better, but other things worse - but they can be made compatible if you follow these 20 simple steps - ah the decisions! Wonderful.

I don't mind if this pisses off some people. Imo sooner or later you will realize that this is really becoming a problem.

Plz take it easy.