View Single Post
Old 10-29-07, 02:10 PM   #27
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts
Runner up would probably be Patrick Robinson's USS Scorpion, which I don't remember much of besides being a tedious racist diatribe against the Chinese.
Did you mean USS Seawolf? I just read it too see how bad it really was and wow its that bad. Any story that has a SSN being forceably towed by a PLAN Destroyer has got to take the cake.

Just dive and pull the SOBs under with you, then surface after they've all drowned and cut the cable.

And the ending why does someone always blow their brains out in Robinson's books. Thats twice in a row for crying out loud. I was expecting the CO to go on CNN or MSNBC and spill the beans after what the POTUS did to him not have him eat his own gun. I know people in the military are loyal but I dout their that loyal.

I enjoyed his first three books but after that wow talk about a turn down hill. In Seawolf the oh so mighty Arnold Morgan probaly says it best "This has got to be the most incompatant navy and adminstration in the history of the US" (or something close to that). So lets boil it down in Robinsons first 6 novels the US loses an Aircraft Carrier, A Seawolf class SSN, the vice President is killed, the President's son turns trator, the Strait of Hormuz is shut down, Taiwan is captured by China and the US is attacked with Cruise Missiles. All the adminstration does is say its the Democrats fault and sit on their hands helpless, I think a monkey flinging poo in the oval office could do a better job than these idiots.

Just so no one has to read any of Robisons books after HMS Unseen let me boil them down for you: Arnold Morgan is your one and true GOD, Democrats hate America, everyone but Americans (and occasonly the English) are all inferior, and the US Navy doesn't know a Russian attack sub from its own @$$ holes unless Arnold Morgan tells them what to do.

Are these books a joke, a strange pariody of reality or is this guy serious?

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote