View Single Post
Old 02-09-08, 01:25 PM   #1
Gotmilk
Planesman

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default Making your own virtual reality submarine station?

Ok. I would really like to play SH4 and feel that i am actually in the submarine. First of all i would put all mods to make subsim as realistic as possible. Now below you see my image. There are numbers. Each number will explain what it is and what it will do.

1 - Headset with microphone. You can use microphone to give basic orders. You must install the voice command mod.

2 - Somekind of a virtual goggles. There are some out there but i dont have any idea wich would suit the best for this game. <-- a big problem. And you can add motion sensor too. So when you move your head left then the ingame camera moves left.

EDIT: Just made a little research. www.trimersion.com should do the trick

3 - Logitech MX Air mouse http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mi.../3443&cl=us,en

you can use this mouse for quick commands. Just wave your hand in air and click on the right icon to make quick actions in critical situations.

4 - Somekind of Wii type controller. I dont know what it should be. There are many joysticks out there but it must be light weighter and easy to use only on one hand. With that controller you move around the submarine and on deck. I like tiger maru mod where you can move freely.

Then you could add all bunch of mods to make this game better. ROW and Maru adds so much to the game.

I would gladly hear what you think about this crazy idea. I would really like to set up my workstation and make the subsim as real as i can. Feel free on suggestions. Especially the VR goggles are the biggest problem.

Last edited by Gotmilk; 02-09-08 at 02:12 PM.
Gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote