View Single Post
Old 09-22-18, 11:39 AM   #36
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
I didn't know that he was, and I can't seem to find anything about him owning any part of the Colts.

He bought a percentage of the Steelers in 2008, but had to sell that to gain ownership of the Browns in 2012. Considering the Colts moved in 1982, I don't think he was into NFL ownership then.
Okay I was messed up ... it was the Browns controversial move to Baltimore that I was thinking of and the Browns have never been great again (till now)

"November 6, 1995, Browns owner Art Modell announced his intention to move Cleveland's team to Baltimore".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...anapolis_Colts

Quote:
This decision helped set in motion the relocation of the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore. On November 6, 1995, Browns owner Art Modell announced his intention to move Cleveland's team to Baltimore. The decision also triggered a flurry of legal activity. Finally, representatives of both cities and the NFL reached a settlement on February 9, 1996. It stipulated that the Browns' name, colors, and history of the franchise were to remain in Cleveland. It kept the Browns legacy in Cleveland, and Modell took his players and organization to Baltimore, which would be officially regarded as an expansion team. After the Browns relocated to Baltimore, Modell offered the Irsay family $5 million for the rights to the Colts heritage. Jim Irsay replied that it would take at least $50 million to relinquish the Colts name. Therefore, the new Baltimore team was named the Ravens after a fan vote. The Ravens have since won Super Bowls following the 2000 and 2012 seasons.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote