Thread: Darwin Award!
View Single Post
Old 03-16-18, 02:42 AM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon9 NOT FOR THE BOOKISH FAINT-OF-HEART!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
I believe that the smallest cartridge for the Desert Eagle is the .357 Mag which has about 700-800 ft pounds of energy.

An unwise decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
Was it the .357? I always assumed the .50, but I never saw it specified.
But either way, a book isn't going to stop that.

As I said in the other thread, a little R&D goes a long way.......
Quote:
Ruiz held the book to his chest. Perez held the gun, a gold Desert Eagle .50-caliber pistol considered “one of the most powerful semiautomatic handguns in the world.”
From a foot away, court documents say, Perez pulled the trigger
THE DESERT EAGLE FIRES A .50 ACTION EXPRESS CARTRIDGE IN THIS CASE<WITH .32 CARTRIDGE FOR COMPARISON
Quote:
Fired from a standard six-inch Desert Eagle barrel, Speer's 300-grain load produces a muzzle velocity of over 1,500 ft/s, giving a muzzle energy of over 1,500 ft⋅lb (2,000 J). Fired from a 10-inch barrel, the same load produces a muzzle velocity of over 1,600 ft/s, giving a muzzle energy of nearly 1,800 ft⋅lb (2,400 J).
ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, I MIGHT SURVIVE THE PENETRATION OF MY SAFARILAND LEVEL III KEVLAR VEST (WITH SHOCKPLATE) BUT I SUSPECT THE SHOCK IMPACT WOULD STILL STOP MY 67 YEAR OLD HEART ...LEVEL III WITH NO SHOCKPLATE: IMHO: THE BEST ARMOR IS NOT TO BE AROUND ONE THESE BBY'S!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-16-18 at 04:25 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote